Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Asparagus has a lemon garlic and herb sauce that packs so much fresh and amazing flavor. A 30 minute shrimp scampi pasta recipe!
Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy
- ½ lb spaghetti
- 1 lb (or 1 bundle) asparagus, rinsed
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1½ Tbsp)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20 or 21-25 count)
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large or 2 small lemons)
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 Tbsp salt and 1 Tbsp olive oil and cook pasta according to package instructions until aldente, or desired doneness (meanwhile, continue with recipe). Drain pasta, return to pot and cover to keep warm.
- Trim asparagus to remove fibrous ends. The fastest way is by snapping off the ends and wherever they snap is where the fibrous part ends. You can also use a vegetable peeler to remove fibrous ends. Cut asparagus into thirds.
- Place a large, deep pan over medium/high heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add asparagus, season lightly with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- In the same hot skillet, add 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp butter. Once the butter is melted, add minced garlic and sautee, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add shrimp in a single layer and season with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Saute until shrimp are pink and not translucent (about 2 minutes per side). Be careful not to overcook or shrimp will be tough.
- Add ¼ cup lemon juice, ⅓ cup chopped parsley, 1 Tbsp lemon zest and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and return pasta and asparagus to the pan. Toss everything to combine and serve with grated Parmesan.