While FLIO offers deals at some airports (like discounts for Starbucks in Heathrow Airport), the real utility of the app is in how much information you can find in one spot. You have 850 airport profiles to choose from, and the profiles cover most major airports in the U.S. and internationally. Most airport profiles include:
- Transportation between terminals (although no access to terminal maps).
- Information on dining and shopping, sometimes this includes restaurant recommendations.
- Transportation recommendations between the airport and the closest major city (like BART for SFO). You’ll be able to see when the public transportation runs, how much it costs, and where to catch it at the airport. They also have information on taxis, rideshares, and other options.
- Where you can find amenities like showers, pharmacies, charging stations, ATMs, and relaxing spots like airport lounges or yoga rooms.
- Entertainment within the airport, like play areas for kids or interesting exhibits to pass the time.
- Departure and arrival times.
You can also access airport wifi through the FLIO app without having to login every time (they save your credentials), but you’ll need to create an account to use this feature. You can also turn on push notifications for FLIO, which will activate when you arrive at an airport they have a profile on. They’ll send you notifications about the airport’s benefits so you won’t have to search the app yourself. Try the app for yourself at one of the links below.