|photo credit: yhebeautydepartment.com and|
You have to try these two brow tricks! First, instead of just one tool, use both a pencil(for the perimeter) and a shadow (to shade). And second, combine a warm shade (the shadow) with a cool shade (the pencil). Just like painting, it adds dimensions when you mix mediums and tones and gives a much richer result… so why not employ the same theory with your brows? Here’s how:
- Brow Shadow in a Warm Shade: You can use any warm brow shadow (or even matte eye shadow like Stila Eye Shadow in Java!) that you have but I used Purely Pro Brow Shadow in Desert Brown because it’s never steered me wrong on any red carpet look I’ve created.
- Stiff Angled Brow Brush: Laura Mercier’s Brow Definer has been a staple in my kit since the first time I got my hands on it. It has the perfect stiffness and density.
- Brow Pencil in a Cool Shade: MAC Eyebrows Pencil in Lingering is a gorgeous cool tone that works on everyone. Dior Brow Styler in Universal Brown is another amazing taupe shade.
- You can start with either the shading of the perimeter; it’s merely a preference thing. Personally I like to start with the shading. Dip the Brow Brush into the Brow Shadow.
- Always remember to tap the brush against the side of the container to get rid of any excess shadow.
- Start shading the brow base with quick strokes emulating brow hairs.
- Once you’ve shaded the base, continue on to the brow “tail” and don’t worry about making it sharp on the edges.
- Switch to the Brow Pencil and begin to outline the perimeter, starting at the inside on the top and ending at the arch.
- Repeat from the inside on the bottom and draw a parallel line as illustrated above.
- Lift your pencil and place it at the top of the arch then draw a line to the tip/end of the tail.
- Repeat another parallel line on the underside of the tail (as illustrated above).
Note: You can use almost of the same shade if you can not find the exact color or brandsource/credit: http://thebeautydepartment.com/2013/12/two-secrets-to-gorgeous-brows/#more-12671